2/01/2010

February 1!! Yikes. I think I lost an entire month. We are full blown into sports with Spencer. Basketball, soccer and baseball all overlapping so I do not stop. I have been training to run a 5k and accomplished that goal a couple of weeks ago. My first 5k in 38 years!! I ran it in 35 minutes, 2 seconds. Sadly, my joints are not as young as they used to be and I went at it a little too fast and hurt my hip. I have taken a week off from running to get hip pain under control. I am so ready to get back out there and would love to be able to run a 1/2 marathon next January. We shall see.

Well, another step in the recovery process. I actually wore my hair in a ponytail today and went to the school to volunteer. I know you are asking what in the world is she talking about. I have a pretty ugly scar that is only obvious when my hair is pulled back. I decided that it is a part of me and it is not going away. I deserve to show it off!! I made it and no one said a word. Guess they think I just made a strange part in my hair :0) I may start a new fad.

Hope everyone is doing well. Keep on keeping on!!

Holly

No comments: